2020 presented a set of challenges for wine brands seeking to:
- Allocate budget already invested in PR that could not be spent on press trips or in-person events.
- Communicate their unique stories direct to wine professionals.
- Bring the winemaker personality and knowledge to the wine trade in a memorable way
- Create opportunities to benefit the whole region and clearly demonstrate a return on investment.t
Washington Wine met all of these challenges with audio
In the space of two short months, Washington Wine Commission worked with Interpreting Wine to plan, record and broadcast a series of three podcasts.
• Agreement signed
• Best practices shared
• 50% pre-payment
• Wines shipped
• First edit sent
• Interviews recorded
• Final episode sign-off
• Series promotion
• Performance reporting
Once edited and approved, episodes were scheduled for broadcast over three successive weeks. Lawrence briefed winemakers and importers on series promotion. Promotion on Interpreting Wine social media channels helped the series gain momentum. For the first three months a monthly performance report was sent to the client.
Listen to the first episode of the series here featuring Juan Muñoz Oca of Chateau Ste. Michelle
Series listening totaled 1780 hours by month one and 2,518 hours by month three.
Washington Wine episodes currently rank #5, #7 and #20 on the Interpreting Wine all-time list.
Per episode listening averaged 594 hours by month one and 839 hours by month three.
Visual explanation of listener engagement
• Information communicated was equivalent to one Prowein per week for an entire year
Client Feedback Quotes
What outcomes are you hoping that the series will bring for the wider region?
More interest towards Washington State Wines from the trade. Give the region the attention it deserves.
Increased exposure for our winery and the region in general, and I think we achieved those things.
Does your brand struggle to
connect with the wine trade in a
Take the free wine marketing scorecard today and discover your
marketing impact score in just three minutes.